· AS-i Complete Specification V2.11 compliant
· Integrated EEPROM
· Additional addressing channel using an optoelectronic interface
· Extended address mode operation as programmable option (up to 62 slaves)
· High impedance AS-i line input, additional pins for further impedance optimizations
· DC voltage output, approximately 24 volts, not stabilized
· 5 volt DC voltage output, stabilized, CMOS logic can be supplied directly (e.g. μC)
· LED status indicator output (compliant with the standard indication recommendation)
· Integrated watchdog
· Temperature range -25°C to + 85°C
A²SI is a monolithic CMOS integrated circuit certified for AS-i (Actuator Sensor-interface) networks. AS-i networks are intended for industrial automation.
The main advantage of AS-i solutions is that actuators and sensors are connected using a twowire unshielded cable that is easy to install. This cable transports both power and information/data.
AS-i network communication is based on the master-slave principle. The network can be extended (to cable lengths greater than 100m) by using the A²SI in the repeater mode configuration.
A²SI is furthermore used as slave interface to sensors / actuators and as master interface.AS-i is a standard for the automation industry based on IEC 62026-2 and EN 50295.
The device is available in a 28-pin SSOP (5,3 mm) package.